So far...

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

March 23, 2010

Professional Procrastinator

All my life I've been afraid of failure yet didn't realize till a few weeks ago. I stopped myself from taking steps so I wouldn't fail. Always afraid to try, not taking risks when I needed to, watching others reach their goals from a distance. For a long time I thought I wasn't losing weight because of my relationship with my parents, my boyfriend, not having a girlfriend, past abuse from my childhood etc etc etc. Not I think I'm using w,my weight as an excuse to not do anything, not try. I am the fat girl. I am the girl with problems whatever they are. I just wanted people to see me as that girl I guess. But honestly I don't believe that's what they see. It's only me. I'm abusing myself because I'm too scared to fail.
This all is about to change. This time I feel geniunly honest with myself. That's why I decided to keep a blog about my weight loss journey. I am hoping to feel the responsibility of taking care of myself stronger than ever.
Tomorrow is Day#1. 283 days to 2011. We'll see how it goes.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on starting a blog! When I first started Glam, Glitz & Gut I was nervous/apprehensive about the whole thing but its one of the best things I could have done for myself. The weight loss blogging community is great, I'm sure you'll get all the support you'll need through this crazy up and down journey.
Erin x

Stacey Lynn said...

Congrats on getting started. I like your attitude and I look forward to following your journey and getting to know you.

Amy said...

Yay for starting a blog! It really is nice to have a community supporting you & offering feedback when you aren't sure what to do. Good luck! It's hard work, but anything worth having is hard, I guess!

[hugs]

LaurenD said...

Congrats on starting the blog. I can totally relate on the fear of failure and all the reasons you listed. I have been dealing with feelings about not having a girl friend here in the city I live in, or issues with my boyfriends or parents so I 100% know how you feel. I am so glad you are taking the step to overcome your fears, it is hard but you can do it, you have the right attitude:) I am looking forward to reading about your journey!

Anonymous said...

don't hope, just do it :) you've taken the first, most important step! there'll be plenty more to come and lots of success in your future, I'm sure!

MB said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I've been doing it for a while but only recently started making real progress with my weight. I'm looking forward to tagging along on your journey. We all know what we have to do to lose weight, we just have to do it, right?